Friday, March 16, 2012

Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair

We often get caught up in the latest hair products. What will make my curls pop? What should I use to keep my scalp moisturized? How can I get my hair to be softer? *in my Emmanuel Hudson voice* askin' all them questions (lol)


The one thing I think some naturalistas don't always take into consideration is what goes into our bodies. I mean finding different products to go on our hair is cool but it's equally important (if not more so) to think about what we put in our bodies. 


Below is a list of the Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair  courtesy of webmd.com


1) Salmon: my favorite fish (just had a piece tonight #winning)
 

2) Dark Green Vegetables: 
 

3) Beans: 
 

4) Nuts: Almonds and pistachios are my absolute favorite nuts
 

5) Poultry: anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE CHICKEN. Who knew it would work in my favor (lol). 
 

6) Eggs

 

7) Whole Grains: whole grain bread is the BEST
 
8) Oysters: I am definitely NOT a fan of oysters but hey to each his own lol. 

 

9) Low-Fat Dairy Products: skim milk and yogurt (a favorite snack of mine)
 
10) Carrots: baby carrots or shredded carrots in my salad are my faves 
 

To read more about how each of these foods helps promote healthy hair check out this link

No comments:

Post a Comment