Friday, November 11, 2011

Tip of the Day

Hey Chicas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently I had a conversation with a few naturalistas at school (s/o to Natasha & Cass). So we were talking about the versatility, issues with and love for our natural hair. One thing that we all agreed on in regards to natural hair is the following:

WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT!!!

And that's what makes us so beautiful. Sometimes as naturalistas we look @ others' hair and we have #hairenvy (I know I sure do lol). Now there's nothing wrong with admiring another chica's hair BUT when all is said and done find what works for YOU. Our hair comes in different textures, lengths, colors and all that good stuff, it's up to you to learn what YOU have and WORK IT!!!! I can give general tips and advice but the truth is that what works for me may not work for you. Despite that, one thing that will work for all of us is 

WATER 

That's right a good 'ol glass of H2O. You're concerned about your hair being dry? Hair's not growing? Always looking dull? DRINK SOME MORE WATER. Oils, shea butter and creams are great (for the surface) but true healthy hair begins within. So if you want healthier LONGER hair, drink more water (and change your diet while you're at it). 

Did you know that the food you eat can also affect the health of your hair? It's true!!!! Change your eating habits for 30 days and see how it affects not only your body but your hair (and your skin too). 

Stay tuned for a post on 10 foods for healthy hair.....

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! It's so true. I've increased my water intake immensely over the past 4 months and not only has it made a difference in my skin, but my locs have grown even faster than usual. And I did as you mentioned, I changed my eating habits to a more healthy life-style!! Great results and no regrets :-) kudos Kira...keep us informed!!

    ReplyDelete