Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hair Stories: Keziah (Kaze)

Hair Stories: Keziah aka Kaze



How long have you been natural/transitioning?
I have been natural for about six months now going into seven. I originally cut my hair to start fresh, I didn't plan on keeping my hair bald, but I understand the beauty of it and I'm enjoying this phase until I want to start something new.

What/who influenced  you to start this journey?
My hair was already short for 5 years plus! Maintaing short hair is extremely hard and expensive. After so much experimenting with my hair I damaged it. 

I was tired of continually weaving it I wanted a style that was HOT yet all mine! 

Honestly after being told numerous times that I look like one of my favorite artists Chrisette Michele, once she cut all of her hair off and looked beautiful, I figured I'd look just as good. Her reasoning of cutting all hers off matched my idea of a new style which would be all mine.


So I can see that you have already done a BC 
Yes! I mean it wasn't that much hair but the little bit of hair I had I worked with. I only had two people who encouraged my idea of cutting all my hair off! Everyone questioned and badgered my idea because they thought "I wouldn't look right"...."my hair is my glory"...."I won't be able to maintain it". Several discouraging reasonings as to why I shouldn't chop it off.

That had to have been tough for you. Despite what was said what have you learned about your hair so far on this journey?
I have learned that having hair isn't the only beauty! According to me and others I feel and look more sexy bald than with hair! I do not need hair in order to be beautiful case in point now. Being natural now is more becoming a trend than the typical weaves and perms!

I absolutely LOVE that answer. So what do you love most about your hair?
 I love the texture and colors of my hair. My texture is naturally curly but when it’s low it's silky smooth! The everchanging colors define my mood and attitude


And what do you like the least?
The only issue I have is that it’s growing back too fast.


What does your hair care regimen currently consist of?
Not too much thank God! I occasionally go through color phases where I color it different colors, but I wash my hair weekly and oil it every two days. Once it grows after two and a half weeks I usually go to the barbershop to get a ceasar and shapeup. If not I have alcohol free gel that I put in to keep it extra curly. I love my hair better when there is none!

What are 3 hair care products you can’t live without?
Olive oil lotion, olive oil alcohol free gel, and vanilla conditioner.

What’s the best advice you could give aspiring naturalistas?
100 % natural is the best way to be. Being natural with your hair compliments your "inner natural you". Starting fresh is amazing, mentally and physically. Being natural means more work, time, and care. It’s easy for many girls to get perms and throw a weave in their head, but maintaining natural hair is work and creativity. Creating natural hairstyles can be hard yet unique.



Anything else we should know about you?
I embrace my Bald beauty and despite what everyone thought and said to me I listenend to my own voice and the outcome came out better than what I expected and proved all my haters wrong. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment