Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hair Stories: Gina-Marie

Hair Stories: Ladie Gina-Marie




How long have you been natural/transitioning?
About 7 years or so…

What/who influenced  you to start this journey?
I grew tried of perms and being burned, so I decided to Lock my hair. 


After 3 years I cut my Locs and just wore my hair in different styles… Natural, Press-n-Curl, and sometimes stylish wigs.


After viewing the elegance and healthiness of  Kira’s hair I was sold on staying all Natural.

Have you done a BC (big chop)?
Yes, back when I first went from perms to locking my hair…

Having natural hair for the past 7 years now what have you learned about your hair so far on this journey?
It is so much happier and healthier in its natural state.


I can 100% identify with that. How do you keep your hair happy & healthy? 
Weekly wash, oil and condition along with brushing to stimulate the scalp, with Palmer’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil line..  Sometimes I double twist, sometimes I braid it up and sometimes I single twist it, giving the appearance of it being locked

Have you faced any challenges with your hair?
My concern/challenge is my scalp being extremely dry and finding the right product to help with that.


What do you love most about your hair?
It is unfortunate that we were taught to believe that our naturally curly hair was not attractive , which is so to the contrary.  My hair is BEAUTIFUL natural,  and can be styled in so many ways.  Had I been taught this as a child or young adult I would have NEVER permed my hair or my daughters. 

What do you like the least?
At this stage in my natural journey I don’t have any dislikes. 

If you could use one word to describe your hair what would it be?
OUTSTANDING!




I know you're still searching for products that are just right for you but what are 3 hair care products you currently can’t live without?
I have 5: 
Palmer’s Extra Virgin Oil Formula Line
                Shampoo
                Conditioner
Gro Therapy
Hair Milk
Conditioning Spray Oil

What’s the best advice you could give aspiring naturalistas?
In your transitional journey and finding what works for your hair… DO NOT give up.. KEEP your head up, better days are ahead.

Anything else we should know about you?
I’m a STRONG woman & single Mother of 2 beautiful children, plus another young man counted as part of the family.   I’m energetic, full of laughs.  I LOVE JESUS with my whole being and love my place as a Worshipper.  I say what I mean and try extra hard to not say it mean. 
I 100% enjoy my ‘ME’ time.  I love bows and hand bands in my hair.  Finally I have a circle of FRIENDS that I wouldn’t trade for anything in this whole wide world.



No comments:

Post a Comment