Monday, July 25, 2011

Hair Stories: Keziathepoet

Hair Stories: Keziathepoet



How long have you been natural/transitioning?
I got my last perm in August of 2010..so almost a year now.

And what/who influenced  you to start this journey?
I wanted to transition because I noticed how thin my hair had gotten after perming it for 12 years.  Previously, my hair had always been thick, long and gorgeous.  It had gone from that to just done. It’s something I had tried a couple years prior, but I hadn’t done the proper research on how to care for transitioning hair and my stylist swore by perms for all of her clients so it was a bad combination.  This time around, I did the research (and I’m still learning) and am excited about the journey.

Have you done a BC? If not, will you?
I have not done a BC.  I’m considering it but not until I’m further along in my transition.

What does your haircare regimen currently consist of?
The fact that now I’m working with 2 textures of hair makes for some creativity.  I’m with a different stylist now and she’s willing to help me transition so I visit her biweekly for soft flatirons..mostly since the majority of my hair is still permed.  In between visits, I mostly use Organic Root Stimulator products 3-4 times a week to maintain and I plait it at night and sleep with a satin scarf.


What have you learned about your hair so far on this journey?
All this time, I thought my hair was naturally wavy.  Not so. It’s naturally curly and incredibly soft.  I think it appreciates how much attention I’m giving it.

What do you love most about your hair?
I love how responsive it is to this transition and I love my natural curl pattern.  Shoutout to these genes! LOL!

What do you like the least?
Honestly, the length of time it’s taking.  Granted, I realize I haven’t done a BC and that my hair stops very near to my waistline but I guess I have to learn a bit more patience.






If you could use one word to describe your hair what would it be?
Surprising!

What’s the best advice you could give aspiring naturalistas?
Girl! Research..research..RESEARCH! Youtube is an extremely valuable resource to the aspiring naturalista.  Message boards, online forums, websites, other natural ladies..whatever! Knowledge will be your greatest friend in this journey.

What are 3 hair care products you can’t live without?
Organic Root Stimulator’s Hair Lotion & their AWESOME Smooth-n-Hold Pudding and Elasta QP’s Glaze (Conditioning Shining Gel).  The glaze is woooonderful for those edges! ;0)




No comments:

Post a Comment