Monday, June 20, 2011

Oyin Handmade

Hey beauties...I just ran across an article on Oprah.com featuring the owners of Oyin Handmade. So I thought  it would only be fitting to re-post a feature I did on them some time ago...

Today we're taking a look @ a company I was introduced to by a dear friend of mine. I've been on the prowl for some new hair products and after talking with my friend (my lil personal hair guru lol) I was introduced to   Oyin Handmade . Oyin Handmade is a wonderful bath and body company dedicated to bringing us yummy products that can be used head-to-toe. Oyin is a Yoruba word meaning honey. As stated on their website "Honey has been used for centuries to not only soften and cleanse, but to also tone and hydrate the skin. It softens and moisturizes skin and as a humectant, helps skin to retain water. Honey dissolved in water is an excellent moisturizer, so we find it perfect for bath, skin and hair care products"

Naturally I'm leery of trying new products but I figured hey what the heck so I went on the site and saw that they sell sample packs. What better way to test a new product than to get a sample. I ordered the 2-by-2 sample pack which comes with a 2 oz jar of Shine & Define coaxing serum and Whipped Pudding (which can also be used for the skin). Let me first say that they both smell DELICIOUS!!! Shine & Define has more of a sweet fruity type scent while the Whipped Pudding smells like tasty chocolate.
 
I decided to 2 strand twist my hair using the Whipped Pudding. O-M-G!!!!!!!!!! It did everything it said it would do and I was THRILLED!!!! I've done 2-strand twists before but could never get them to stay tight @ the root. Whipped Pudding is a thick moisturizing cream and like I said it smells like CHOCOLATE. I applied a little to each section of my hair and combed through then began to twist. The end result was a head full of thick, well defined, SOFT twists. It did not weigh my hair down or leave it feeling sticky. It was simply perfect and I will definitely be purchasing a standard size for future use.

So if you're in the market for some natural hair and skincare products try Oyin today!!!! I did ;-)



Day 1:


 Day 2:

No comments:

Post a Comment