Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hair Stories: Janna

Hair Stories: Janna


How long have you been natural/transitioning?
I transitioned for 7 months, and I have been natural overall for a year. YEA ME!!

 What or who influenced you to make the transition?
I was influenced by all the natural women I saw on my college campus and by my younger sister who went natural before I did. (She has been natural for over 2 years.)
Have you done a BC?
Yes, I did do a BC. Had to because I couldn't deal with the two textures. Ugh!

When?
I BC'd January 1, 2011.
      And how would you describe your hair?
I would describe my hair as a load of kinky, curly, cottony goodness! LOL! She truly is my crown and glory and I try to treat her that way.

I like that description!!! Tell us, what do you love most about your hair?
I love the freedom and the versatility that I have with my hair. If I want to rock an afro Angela Davis style, I can do that! If I want to rock an afro with more defined curls, I can do that. If I want to rock braids, I can do that! If I get lazy and just want to mist, fluff, and go, guess what......I CAN DO THAT!! LOL! Not to mention, I can always get it straightened if I am ever craving the straight, silky look which is not that often for me. With my hair, I get the best of everything without compromising what my hair is naturally.


     With that in mind what does your hair care regimen consist of?

My hair care regimen consists of several things:
A.) Weekly Shampoo with Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo followed by a weekly deep condition with
the Khoret Amen Hair Smoothie from Carol's Daughter (currently looking for a new conditioner).
B.) Biweekly hot oil treatment with EVOO

Moisture Portion of my Regimen:
A.) Shea Moisture Hold & Shine Mist
B.) Seal With EVOO
C.) Add Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque on top (Serves as my leave-in)
Style Aids:
A.) Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
B.) Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque


    If you could use one word to describe your hair what would it be?
Beautiful

      As a fairly new naturalista what advice would you give aspiring naturalistas?
I would tell aspiring naturalistas to have patience, do your research, and find out what works for YOUR hair. What works for him, her, and them will not always work for you. Your hair is a unique indivual, and she should be treated as such.

 
   Give us 3 hair care products you can’t live without?
A.) Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
B.) Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque

C.) EVOO


No comments:

Post a Comment