Monday, June 27, 2011

Hair Stories: Anissa

Hair Stories: Anissa


How long have you been natural/transitioning?
I have been all natural for five months!!

What or who influenced you to make the transition?
Actually you (Kira) influenced me to make the transition..I thought it was beyond amazing that your hair could be beautiful without a perm.

Wow, that answer totally surprised me…thank you for the compliment. So have you done a BC?
I did a semi big chop being that I transitioned for nine months so I did not have a whole bunch of permed ends.

How would you describe your hair?
Thick yet soft and healthy

 

How do you care for your hair? What is your regimen like?
Well I wash my hair with my suave shampoo once a week and then I condition..when conditioning my hair I separate my hair into four equal parts and then I detangle and condition with my Cantu shea butter..then I melt my African shea butter until it's soft then I rub it through my hair and then two strand twist my hair (small-medium sized)....

If you could use one word to describe your hair what would it be?
Me!!!  

What advice would you give aspiring naturalistas?
If you feel it’s meant for you to decide to go natural whatever the reasons may be..do it..in spite of what people may say or think.

What do you love most about your hair?
The texture when conditioned, its extremely soft and manageable. Like its thick smooth and curly that's the only way I can describe it.

Give us 3 hair care products you can’t live without?
African shea butter..African shea butter..Eco styler(olive oil) and more African shea butter!!

 (permed hair)

1 comment:

  1. Great interview. I love the Picture Nissa, yor hair is beautiful. Only 5 months... you're doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete